What type of information and why do we collect from users?
- E-Mail Addresses: We collect E-Mail addresses for verification and password resets purposes.
- Usernames: We collect usernames for login purposes and to represent the user in the website.
- IP Address used to create new pastes.
What type of information and why do we collect from visitors?
Registered users included
The session cookie is used to count the views of each paste
- User Agent: The user browser sends an information containing what type of browser, operating system to generate the session cookie along the IP Address
- IP Address: The IP Address is used to generate the session cookie
By what means is this information collected?
- Visitor session ID: This cookie is automatically created upon visiting the website and uses a combination of User Agent, IP Address and current date to count views.
- User session token: This cookie is created upon logging in and it's used to represent the user in the application.
Who has access to these information?
- These information are only stored in the website server and in the visitor browser.
- The user email address is shared with the email service SendGrid to send emails regarding the service.
- The user username and email address are shared to the error tracking service Sentry.io.
An announcement will be displayed at the top of the main page describing the changes and when it will be applied.
Emails may also be sent as well.
We store password as hashed data using the algorithms SHA384 and BCrypt. Hashing is an one-way process to make the data unreadable.
For more questions you can contact me at the following email address: [email protected] or visit my website https://alexdevs.pw